Watch Live Cricket.......Click On Banner

Adjusting in team will not be a problem,Younis

Former Pakistan captain, Younis Khan has said that adjusting in team will not be a problem for him as he is enjoying prime fitness and form. “I played quality county cricket in England and I had a good stint in domestic cricket which helped me in maintaining fitness and form and he will not be facing any difficulty while adjusting in teams during the tour of United Arab Emirates to play South Africa “,he said here on Thursday at Gadaffi stadium.

“ I am eager to resume my international career and playing for Pakistan is always a big honour and I will go all out to justify my inclusion “,said Younis who settled his differences with Pakistan Cricket Board after a meeting with its Chairman, Ijaz Butt on Wednesday.

He said a good performance in one match will help him to click and then onward there will be no looking back.

To a question, he said, he does not feel down graded for apologising with Chairman PCB because he considers him his elder and seeking apology from an elder does not mean that he has lost his personal respect.

“ I did not make it an issue of personal pride,PCB extended respect and love to me and I showed a similar gesture by setting aside everything and met with the Chairman PCB and in that meeting all doubts were removed and now I want to concentrate on cricket against South Africa “,he maintained.

The stylish batsman said who had earlier announced to retire from T-20 cricket said he is ready to reserve his decision and is available to all versions of cricket.


“ Now it is up to the selectors and PCB to consider me for T-20, one-day and test cricket as I will be there to justify my place “,he said adding “ I have no desire to regain captaincy as I had it in the past “.

He said he said in every type of cricket every player is under pressure and he is prone to take pressure and to perform.

“ I have always endeavoured to contribute in team’s overall performance and I will continue my same role in coming assignments as experienced players are always an asset to the team and their presence helps in overcoming pressure situations at any stage of match”,said Younis.

He was of the opinion that Pakistan team can beat South Africa at any venue and UAE series will be equally tough for both the sides and he believes that Pakistan has edge due to good bowling and batting.

“ I think it is not fair to put the responsibility of a defeat on teams captain, all team members should equally be responsible for it”,said the former captain urging the players to contribute with undying spirit to bring glory for the country.

0 comments :: Adjusting in team will not be a problem,Younis

Post a Comment